I. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
CommonHealth ACTION seeks an experienced and qualified firm to market our online Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Training Institute. Applicants should have experience with mission-driven organizations; must be responsive to advertising effectiveness, tracking studies, social media efforts; and have extensive experience with the development of strategic marketing plans.
II. BACKGROUND AND GENERAL INFORMATION
CommonHealth ACTION is a national public health organization that develops people and organizations to produce health through equitable policy, programs, and practices. Our vision is an America in which all people have equitable opportunities and neighborhood conditions to achieve their best possible health. At CommonHealth ACTION, we believe that health is a production of society. To create equitable opportunities for all, we must address the policies, systems, and institutions that create the contexts within which people live their lives and make their decisions.
III. THE PRODUCT
The EDI Training Institute was developed over the past 10 years as a two-day, in-person training for up to 30 participants. We have transitioned the training experience to an online platform. The training provides participants with the knowledge and skills to apply equity, diversity, and inclusion, professionally and personally. Participants in the training will leave prepared to decide and act more equitably through policies, programs, and practices. Training participants will gain knowledge, skills, and abilities in CommonHealth ACTION’s Equity Competencies©:
- Common Language: Awareness and understanding of EDI words, phrases, and concepts. Ability to exchange knowledge and information based on shared meaning (in ways that are easily understood) to support collaboration and communication.
- Historical Context: Knowledge, awareness, and understanding of U.S. history; the evolving policy environment; past and current legal and social constructs for the privilege and oppression of certain populations; and their impacts on current societal conditions.
- Privilege and Oppression: Knowledge, awareness, and understanding of the impacts of privilege and oppression at personal, community, and systemic levels. Including a specific focus on race and racism; how they have changed over time; how they impact our actions and outcomes; and an exploration of implicit bias.
- Equity Lens: Ability to analyze the unfair benefits and/or burdens within a society or population by understanding the social, political, and environmental contexts of policies, programs, and practices.
- Policy: Knowledge and understanding of EDI in policymaking, analysis, and implementation with a focus on equity impact.
- Commitment to Ongoing Learning: Expansion of knowledge, skills, and understanding through engagement in a culture of inquiry and continuous learning.
- EDI Story Development: Ability to incorporate equity competencies and self-reflection to identify privilege, oppression, and effects of isms in one’s life.
IV. STATEMENT OF WORK
CommonHealth ACTION wishes to partner with a firm to market our Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Training Institute’s beyond our current networks. We are interested in reaching state and local government entities, corporate entities of all sizes with special emphasis on technology, finance, and retail; school systems and universities; individuals; and other audiences to be determined. Contract length will be 3 to 6 months with level of effort declining in months 4 through 6. The selected firm will be expected to perform the following:
Planning & Strategy
- Conduct primary market research as needed to identify and characterize the most appropriate target audiences, strategies, and tactics for online EDI marketing as well as competitors.
- Develop a comprehensive marketing plan, inclusive of a budget and 6-month timeline, to meet stated goals and objectives and include recommendations for key performance indicators (KPIs).
- The Firm should be able to recommend long-term, ongoing marketing strategies to maintain and expand the impact of the marketing plan, allowing CommonHealth ACTION to take execute the plan on an ongoing basis.
- Provide recommendations for leveraging social media in support of the Marketing Plan, including social media-driven promotions and campaigns.
- Provide support in development of both written and visual social media messages as needed.
- Develop creative concepts and executions for advertising that includes graphic design for print, web and social media ad placement. This includes purchasing of ad space as needed.
- Track social media analytics and adjust marketing activities as needed to meet goals of the marketing plan.
- Follow and implement online trends, new tools and new technologies in creative services and design recommendations.
V. PROPOSAL PREPARATION
Instructions and Information Required in Your Proposal
DEADLINE EXTENDED: Responses to this proposal are due by 12:00 Noon on Friday, August 7, 2020, and should be submitted using this form. If you have question, please email them to email@example.com and we will respond as quickly as possible. NOTE: We will not accept any proposals sent to that email.
To facilitate the review process and obtain the maximum degree of comparison, your proposal should include the following information:
Show request for proposal (RFP) subject, name of proposer’s firm, address, telephone and fax numbers, name of contact person, and date of submission.
A one- or two-page summary stating the proposer’s understanding of the work to be done and making a positive commitment to perform the work within the proposed period required.
The vendor(s) shall prepare an executive summary that includes:
- Statements that demonstrate the vendor(s) understand(s) and agree(s) with the terms and conditions of the RFP and the proposed contract.
- An overview of the vendor’s plans for meeting CHA’s needs as defined in the RFP.
Company or Agency Profile
Supply a company overview, structure, and experience. Relevant information may include company history, ownership, annual sales, management background, client projects and their outcomes, locations, and service standards.
Qualifications and Experience of Organization
Describe company experience that is relevant to the proposed services in the not-for-profit sector, such as recent experience with other not-for-profit organizations, including a list of clients that you believe are comparable to our organization in size, mission focus and complexity served by your organization in the last three years and types of services rendered to each. If partners or other employees serve in an advisory/consultative capacity within the not-for-profit sector, please list such positions as well.
Describe the approach and methodology to performing the audit and the resulting advantages that will accrue to our organization. Include description of the activities undertaken by your organization to promote/ensure audit quality.
Describe the people and resources that would be assigned to this work. Include their organizational accountability, position, education, and related work experience.
Work Sample: Marketing Plan
Provide marketing plan developed within the past year. Client information should be redacted throughout the document.
Other Proposal Information
Describe any existing or potential relationships between your organization and our organization and any employee or officer of the organization that could affect your independence and objectivity because of an actual or perceived conflict of interest. Include your peer review report with your proposal.
Provide contact information for three references that we may contact about similar projects completed in the past three years. Include contact name, business address, telephone number, and email address.