Our next training will be held on March 22 - 23, 2017 at our conference center in Washington, DC. This interactive and dynamic training is designed for professionals from all disciplines, sectors, and career stages. Whether you are new to equity, diversity, and inclusion or already addressing equity in your work, this training will give you knowledge, skills, and tools to make a greater impact.
Participants will gain knowledge, skills, and abilities in CommonHealth ACTION's Equity Competencies©:
- Common Language: Awareness and understanding of EDI words, phrases, and concepts. Ability to exchange knowledge and information based on shared meaning (in ways that are easily understood) to support collaboration and communication.
- Historical Context: Knowledge, awareness, and understanding of U.S. history; the evolving policy environment; past and current legal and social constructs for the privilege and oppression of certain populations; and their impacts on current societal conditions.
- Privilege and Oppression: Knowledge, awareness, and understanding of the impacts of privilege and oppression at personal, community, and systemic levels. Including a specific focus on race and racism; how they have changed over time; how they impact our actions and outcomes; and an exploration of implicit bias.
- Equity Lens: Ability to analyze the unfair benefits and/or burdens within a society or population by understanding the social, political, and environmental contexts of policies, programs, and practices.
- Policy: Knowledge and understanding of EDI in policymaking, analysis, and implementation with a focus on equity impact.
- Commitment to Ongoing Learning: Expansion of knowledge, skills, and understanding through engagement in a culture of inquiry and continuous learning.
This training will provide up to twelve (12) hours of instruction that may be applied towards continuing education units (CEUs). You must complete the full two days to receive a certificate of completion.